Job vacancies: Structural Design Apprentice
Location: Cepac Rotherham
Contract: Full-time, Permanent
Closing date: 23/08/2019
An exciting apprenticeship opportunity has arisen for an Structural Design Apprentice to join our Design team at Cepac Rotherham.
This is a full training and development opportunity.
The main purpose of the role is to support the Structural Design team in providing a service fit for purpose both to customers and internal departments.
The key duties of the role include:
- To provide quality structural designs to customer and plant specifications;
- To provide costing and evaluations of work at enquiry stage;
- To provide relevant documentation for customer and plant needs;
- To order customer approved cutting dies through designed external suppliers;
- To ensure ESP and KIWI systems are updated accordingly;
- To produce CAD table samples for customer approval;
- All other tasks as required within the department and role.
Knowledge of structural design is not essential but a keen interest in CAD is required. Candidates must be willing to undertake all training, either internal or external through an accredited design qualification.
This role working core hours office hours (40 hours per week) Monday to Friday.
Candidates must also posses:
- Have previous work or educational experience of CAD software packages;
- Good customer service and excellent communication skills;
- Be IT literate;
- Strong logical and problem solving abilities;
- Excellent accuracy skills;
- Hold a competent level of Maths and English;
- Be hands-on and proactive;
- Be an excellent team player and highly motivated;
- Be punctual and be able to manage work to deadlines.
Cepac offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package including:
- Pension Scheme
- Death in Service Benefit;
- Production Bonus;
- Private Healthcare;
- Starting holidays of 28 days (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Subsidised canteen;
- Free on-site parking;
- Annual Cycle to Work Scheme
(Recruitment ID: RR19/006)
If you believe you possess the skills required for this role and are interested in joining our successful team, we would like to hear from you. To apply, please submit your CV via the route below.