Job vacancies: Conversion Production Assistant
Location: Cepac Rotherham
Contract: Full-time, Permanent
Closing date: 06/09/2019
We are looking to appoint a Production Assistant to join our Conversion team at our Rotherham site. This is an excellent opportunity for those candidates seeking to learn new skills within an established and experienced team.
The main purpose of the role is to assist the production crew with the manufacturing of product to customer specifications.
Key duties of the role includes:
- To receive cartons in bundles from the casemaker outlet conveyor and to place them on the palletiser to pattern as specified by the customer order (with the correct orientation);
- To understand base-board requirements;
- To inset cardboard interleaving and add the next layers of bundles;
- To repeat the process to build the stack of cartons to the height as specified on the order until completion;
- To insert the pallet label in the specified position;
- To place a sample on top of the finished load as specified by the customer order;
- To carry out all necessary quality checks during production/stacking - to check print quality, measurements and other non-conformance - reporting any errors to the Operator;
- To assist the Operator in all other duties as necessary and within the capabilities of training/capability;
- To participate in general cleaning during routine maintenance and to keep the work area clean/tidy;
- To comply with all health and safety requirements of the plant/site.
A full training programme is included with this role and further progression opportunities within Production will be available for the right candidate.
- Have a good level of English and Maths (to GSCE or Functional Skills level);
- Be IT literate;
- Possess strong communication skills (both written and oral);
- Possess strong accuracy skills;
- Possess the ability to work individually and within a team;
- Be able to measure and interpret measurements;
- Be able to prioritise workloads;
- Be proactive;
- Be able to provide flexibility to provide cover for absence at short notice.
This role is working a 3-shift rotation of days (06:00am-14:00pm), nights (22:00pm-06:00am) and afternoons (14:00pm-22:00pm). Overtime will be available and will be contractual in some circumstances.
Cepac offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package including:
- Pension Scheme
- Death in Service Benefit;
- Production Bonus;
- Private Healthcare;
- Starting holidays of 28 days (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Subsidised canteen;
- Free on-site parking;
- Annual Cycle to Work Scheme
If you believe you possess the skills required for this role and are interested in joining our successful team, we would like to hear from you. To apply, please submit your CV via the route below.